ridley pearson

Friday, July 20, 2007

ON TOUR

The tour has gone well. Great to see readers and have time to talk. Killer Weekend hit the New York Times, Barnes and Noble and the Wall Street Journal best seller lists, which keeps both the author and the publisher happy.

I was able to visit my friends at Disney Theatrical yesterday and to see a piece of the the technical rehearsal for the upcoming Little Mermaid production. Fascinating to watch, and the tiny piece of the show I saw was impressive. Felt like a "hit."

It's Harry Potter night tonight. Guard your broom. A little strange to be on tour during all the Harry Hype, but then again, the booksellers are excited so it makes for a good atmosphere. I'm 10 cities into a 15 city tour. Countdown is underway!

I see some film producers on Monday about one of my YA projects. Had a great interview yesterday on Mitch Albom's radio show; keeping up with Mitch is next to impossible, but he has both a TV film underway and is writing a script for a major film star. What a world.

Meanwhile, in the theme of Where in the World is Matt Lauer; Where in the World is Dave Barry?

Ridley

9 Comments:

Blogger inksmudge said...

Hi Everybody, I just got back from Vromans Books in Pasadena, CA where I got to meet Ridley again! Its been 6 long years since I last saw him and he was soooo entertaining. He touched on alot of subjects beginning with the Rockbottom Remainders and told us many very interesting stories. I love the fact that he talked alot about the setting of Killer Weekend in Idaho for those of us who know nothing about it. Now I know the book was released on July 10 and I still haven't read it yet because I was waiting for Ridleys visit. Besides, the copy that I ordered waaaay before the release of the book through The Literary Guild still has not come. So I purchased another copy today and the one that was ordered, when it finally comes will be given as a gift. I took my sister with me and she really liked Ridleys stories too. NOW she understands where as before she just thought I was being weird. Well, she still thinks I'm weird and on the way home she told me she should have warned Ridley that she thinks I am stalking him! Personally, I think he has figured that out already!!! Is there anyone else out there who has been to see Ridley on this book tour? Let hear your stories too.

8:29 PM  
Blogger JT said...

inksmudge - I'm so jealous! Ridley's tour isn't coming anywhere near my town. Sigh... one of these days.

I can tell you that Killer Weekend is a Killer book! Nice job Ridley. I really enjoyed it.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wonderful story, Ridley. Killer Weekend is a definite must read. Now you have two great series to write, Fleming and Boldt. Get busy!.

Never having been to Idaho or Sun Valley, I am extremely jealous of the people who live there. Sun Valley sounds so beautiful. But I guess that is why all the big wigs have mansions there, right?

Carol
7/24/07

3:56 PM  
Blogger Ridley said...

Inksmudge:
You're the best stalker I've ever had.
Ridley

11:33 AM  
Blogger inksmudge said...

Ridley, LOL I try my best! BTW, my niece Kaitlin was so proud of the autographed book she has designated a special place on her bookshelf for it after she reads it of course. You racked up alot of points with her too. Next time you come out this way watch out 'cause Kaitlin is not a shy girl!

Jennifer its been a long 6 years since I was able to attend one of Ridleys book signings. I hope you get to go to one soon because he talks about the new book and relays interesting stories about the reasearch and writing of the book and of course he gets all worked up and becomes very animated it makes you really want to read it. Then he encourages you to purchase 5 or 6 just in case you might need them!

2:54 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Me too Inksmudge, me too!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ramonda said...

Hi Ridley,

So proud of KILLER WEEKEND, to be on the NEW YORK, number 12 hardcover lists. The fans did it. The book is so enthralling and could not put it down. See you on the road later.

Mrs. Ramonda Brady

6:22 PM  
Blogger jimguelda said...

Are you bringing back the Lou Boldt character and the Seattle PD guys.
Thanks.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Ridley said...

Boldt will be back. Absolutely.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home