ridley pearson

Monday, June 04, 2007

Amazon blog is up

I am blogging on Amazon Connects now as well. For those of you who want a free short story, exclusive to Amazon, you'll want to keep checking back on Killer Weekend's page -- it will be posted soon.

----

Just back from the Book Expo in New York City, where Dave Barry and I signed copies of Peter and the Secret of Rundoon, and I signed for Killer Weekend. The ROCKBOTTOM REMAINDERS, Stephen King, Amy Tan, Mitch Albom et al, performed both on Good Morning America and at Webster Hall, raising money for Dave Edgers' New York 826, and also for Get Caught Reading.

But the highlight of the weekend was, when Dave and I couldn't get a cab at midnight, following the Remainders show, we were approached by a pedacab driver named Omar, who then pedaled us 20 blocks to the band hotel. It was a surreal moment, but one of those weird other-worldly ones I won't soon forget.

I got home last night to our new dog, Tater, who is about the size of a bedroom slipper, running around like crazy while my daughters and I watched the first Harry Potter movie. The contrast to a jam-packed trip to New York couldn't have been more. But just guess where I'd rather be?

Have a good week. There are two surprises coming up on Amazon (for Killer Weekend) in the next week or two. Keep your eyes out. One is a video Dave Barry and shot; the other is a free short story we're offering....

Ridley

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Guess I am just not up with it, I don't see anything about an Amazon blog when I click on one of your books.

Can you give us a hint? Does this mean that you are going to be posting more there then here?

We missed you in May.

Carol
06/04/07

11:44 AM  
Blogger JT said...

I'll have to check out the Amazon bloggy thingy.

I love NYC. I've never done the pedacab thing, even with my kids begging me to let them. I'm sure I missed out on something there.

I'm sure it's good to be home. My traveling really doesn't start until September, when the kids hockey season starts. Who lets all three of their kids play travel hockey? We go between like 5 states and two countries. It's crazy - so being at home, with everyone, watching a movie - yeah, that sounds great.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Ridley said...

Amazon blog is now up. Easiest way to read it is to search a title like Killer Weekend. It appears near the bottom.
R

3:21 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Found it, thanks Ridley. Are you going to blog there more then here?

Carol
06/15/07

2:45 PM  
Blogger Ridley said...

Carol:
Probably once a week or so there. Maybe more often here.
R

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home