ridley pearson

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Questions from a library

A library is featuring Killer Weekend as a pick of the week. Here are the questions they asked, and I answered...

Question #1: What was the last book you read?

1421 How China Discovered America

Question #2: What is the next book you plan to read or are currently reading?

Mayflower

Question #3: If you could make everyone read one particular book, what would it be?

To Kill A Mockingbird, followed by a close second: Rebecca

Question #4: How do you work reading into your weekly schedule?

I read at night before bed, and I read a great deal when I travel, and I travel a great deal. Even so, I wish there were more hours in the day, because I'm rarely satiated with reading!

Question #5: Why do you read?

My mother makes me. (Just kidding.) Reading is a portal to other places and other times, past, present and future. It is both entertainment and education, a chance for the imagination to take over the much over-worked and inundated senses. It is an intimate look into either a time or place through another's eyes, and therefore has elements of secrecy and sharing. Finally, reading is the mind's calisthenics, and I'm afraid of what I might become without it.

3 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

Excellent Questionsb - Interesting answers.

To Kill A Mockingbird was one of those books I read in school that made me want to pick up another book and read some more. I loved it. And I read it often, never tiring of it.

However, a 75 page paper I had to do on the role and concept of the land in Go Down Moses and The Grapes of Wrath nearly did me in.

Last book I read was Pyschi Warrior by Robert Doherty. It's an excellent read. I'm now starting on Polor Shift by Clive Clusser.

And of course the moment Killer Weekend is up for grabs, I will be reading it.

I read everyday because a day without books would be like taking away my oxegyn.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Loved your paragraph on why you read. It says it all. I read anything and everything I can get my hands on - books, newspapers, magazines, cereal boxes (just sort of kidding there). The thing that terrifies me the most about aging would be the loss of my mind's ability to read and learn.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Doug Brockmeier said...

Cool stuff! Thanks for keeping this blog, Ridley.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home